Thursday, September 16, 2010

tulisan jaman SMP>> it's about Steven Gerrard

I still remember when I started to know about Liverpool FC. There was a player named Michael Owen. He was a good-looking boy. At the time, I didn't know anything about Steven Gerrard, I didn't know him, I never heard his name before, and in my mind just Michael Owen passed. Until I watched one of the matches Liverpool vs. (I forgot), I saw someone else run and made the first goal for Liverpool, and directly I fell something special in mine. I looked around for that boy and I wanted to know him closer. I tried to see his name in his backside, and gotcha! His name was Gerrard.

From that time, I forgot Owen and started to love Steve. I knew it too fast to forget Owen. However, he was the first boy who made me loved football and Liverpool but I couldn't do anything because my heart said that Steve was the best footballer in the world.

Steve's full name was Steven George Gerrard. He was born in Whiston, 30 May 1980. Now, he has a lovely wife named Alex Curran (23 September 1982), one of the England's model. They have two beautiful daughters, Lilly (23 February 2004) and Lexie (10 May 2006). Steve belongs to Liverpool FC as a captain, and England's National Team as a vice-captain, after John Terry.

The reason why I love Steve is he can prove that he is a good man. He has a big responsibility for his team and family. He loves them so much. He can be a good husband for Alex and a good father for Lilly and Lexie. Even he wrote Lilly and Lexie’s name on his football boots, so he could see his daughters’ name when he wears his shoes; it’s like a huge spirit for him. His loyalty to his team make him exists and always consistant. So he was trusted to lead the team as a captain, and he can do his duty very well. He loves Liverpool as his blood, soul, life, and everything that he has. He never wants to move to another clubs, he just wants to stay in Anfield FOREVER. No one can replace his appearance as a leader's team in Liverpool.
Steve made anyone who knew him feel proud with everything he had done. He shows the hard working and gives the spirit and the big courage to step up. He was full awarded for his appreciation.

I always think what a lucky Alex. She was loved by the man like Steve. Seeing he fights on the field, waiting him comeback home, and giving Lilly and Lexie to complete their life make me want to feel like what she does.
I feel that I have a connection with Steve. What? Do you believe it? Mmm...I mean, I feel sad if he’s sad, I feel happy if he’s happy. And you know! I ever cried when Steve got the red card and sent off by the referee. What a damn referee!!!!!!!!!!! He made me full of tears. Eh, not full, yeah...maybe just a half, he he he....
And you wanna believe this or not. Actually, at the beginning, I loved Steve isn’t because of his face. I loved him because I was so proud of what he was doing but slowly, I realize that he has a good face too. He was handsome.... :-)
When I see him play in the field and wear the captain band on his left leg, I....oh... I can't explain it!!!! I'm confused. I can't say anything. I just feel so proud, and he looks so cool. And when I don’t see him play as the starter, or he becomes a substitution, I can't enjoy the match. I feel that there is something lost and not complete.

In my dream I really wanna go abroad to England. I want to study English closer. Because I know that English is the most important language in the world. Almost countries use English as the second language after their own language, or may even as the first choice. And of course, I wanna go to Whiston, the town where Steve was born, I wanna visit Anfield, the stadium of Liverpool FC, watch the Liverpool's boys practice at Melwood, if I'm lucky maybe I can meet them, face to face, and watch the match in Anfield. I wanna see what a beautiful Lilly and Lexie in fact than in the pictures.

I wonder that Steve can lead his team into a glory, not only in the premiership but also in the other international leagues. Without him, the team is attack less. He is a good midfielder; his long-kick is absolutely amazing. I remember he saved Liverpool from defeat. First in the Champion League final 2005 vs. AC Milan in Istanbul, he made the firss goal to bring extra spirit to his team. Then in the FA Cup final against West Ham United in Cardiff, he gave two goals for Liverpool and in the end Liverpool won 3-1 on penalties, (Reina is the hero too of course). This is the reason why Queen Elizabeth II awarded Steve ‘MBE’ (Member of The British Empire) for his appreciation. MBE was the loyalty title in England/Britain. Isn't it great?
I ever read in the one article. Steve said that he really wanna be a good captain, give a lot of trophies for his team, and doing his duty as well as he can. He realize about his responsibility as a leader. We know that Liverpool is the one of the big team in Europe. So, he must keep the team's honor.

No comments: