Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The Clues

I had an unforgettable moment of my life. It was last week when everything was nothing special but suddenly it happened.
Last Saturday morning, as usual I checked my mailbox. I brought all of my mails inside. I found a package with my name written on it. I found out it was from my boyfriend, Edward. There were four smaller packages inside the main package. The smaller packages were arranged with numbers. I opened the first package. Edward gave me a football jersey of Liverpool, our favorite club. There was note also told that Edward would pick me up at ten to play football together. I wore the jersey and getting ready. He brought me to our school football field. We played one by one shoots. He won because he could score seventeen and saved fifteen and I only could score five and saved three. Edward was really good footballer. When we were resting, he told me to open the second package only at six in the evening.

I did like what he said. At six, I opened the package number two. He gave me a beautiful gown. The note told that I had to use the gown and Edward would pick me up at seven. He brought me to a restaurant for dinner. We had an amazing and romantic dinner there. I tried to figure out why he gave me those gifts but he did not want to answer. He said it was still a secret. He only asked me to open the package number three immediately after I came home.
I came home and directly opened the package number three. He gave me a DVD. The note told me that I had to play the DVD. The video was about our love story. I watched our pictures together were arranged in slides and “My Valentine” by Martina McBride as the back song. At the end of the video, Edward said that he loved me and explained about his plan to continue his study to University of Liverpool. He asked me to open the package number four; the last package.

I did it as the order from the first package until the last package. This time he gave me a ring. The note told that Edward was waiting for me outside my house and wishing his future wife would open the door for him. I almost cried that time. I did not know what to do because I was very confused but I loved him so much and wanted to spend the rest of my life with him.
Finally, I brought the ring and walked into the door. My body was shaking when I reached the door handle. When I opened it, there was Edward standing with a bucket of lilies, my favorite flower.

He asked for my hand in marriage because he wanted to marry me before he went to Liverpool. I really loved to but I could not. I said no and he looked so disappointed. I explained my reasons that we were too young and I was not ready to leave this country. I wanted to go college here. Even though I refused, he asked me to save the ring. I agreed.
It was a great day. He gave me the clues for directing me to be his side. I am his fiancée now.

No comments: